Save Your Marriage – Marriage Counseling
Tips for Saving Your Marriage
- Learn to listen, learn to hear one another.
- Don’t expect to get more from your spouse than you give of yourself.
- Don’t try to change your spouse; accept him/her “as is.”
- Treat your spouse like your best friend or most important colleague.
- Look at challenges in your lives as an opportunity to grow together.
- Learn to assess your own mistakes and openly acknowledge them.
- Learn to argue respectfully, without personal attacks.
- Don’t demean your spouse in public or private.
- Focus on resolving a problem, rather than trying to win an argument.
- Never lose your sense of humor and have fun together.
Diane Sollee, founder and director of the Coalition for Marriage, Family and Couples Education says, “The number one cause of divorce Is the habitual avoidance of conflict. Yet, couples avoid conflict precisely because they believe it will cause divorce.”
The avoidance of conflict is a coping mechanism,it is similar to denial, which occurs when a person unconsciously ignores facts or feelings that cause emotional pain. Used prudently, coping mechanisms can help someone endure severe stress; but, if employed too long or at an inappropriate time, coping mechanisms can be detrimental, even dangerous.
Sex and money are among the top two reasons marriages end up on the rocks. Marriage counseling can help encourages couples to break the ice and develop ways to interact and strengthen their failing relationship. By doing so, you can learn to save your marriage and avoid a divorce. Marriage counseling deals with topics such as:
- How to rescue your marriage
- How to reintroduce passion
- How to repair your marriage after an affair
- Self assessment
- Gestures that are more important than words
- And much, much more….
Over 2 million couples become divorced every year and many of these could have been avoided
Melodie Tucker is a Mars Venus Success Coach and Seminar Leader, trained by Dr. John Gray, author of the world famous "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" series.She has helped men and women all over the world create great relationships that last.
Latest posts by Melodie Tucker (see all)
- Scoring Points in the Game of Love - September 4, 2017
- Divorcing The Kids - August 23, 2017
- CPR To the Rescue: Part of the Men Moving On — After Divorce Series - August 23, 2017