What’s the Most Important Problem Facing U.S Families?
Families Online Magazine Editorial
In a recent Gallup poll asking “What is the most important problem facing the United States”, respondents said:
- Dissatisfaction with government/Poor leadership – 29%
- Immigration/Illegal immigrants – 12%
- Race relations/Racism – 9%
- Need to unify the country – 7%
- Healthcare – 5%
- Lack of respect for each other – 4%
- Poverty/Hunger/Homelessness – 4%
GALLUP, SEPT. 4-12, 2018
Anecdotal statements from parents about poor leadership include, the current leadership is an embarrassment, a poor role model, ineffective, misogynistic…
Let us Know What You Think Take Our Poll
The recent U.S Senate hearing to confirm Judge Kavanaugh to the U.S Supreme Court furthers concerns about ineffective and misogynistic leadership. The apparent lack of a system to investigate and properly handle sexual assault accusations highlights the problem.
So what do we parents tell our daughters and sons? Are you tired of turning off the news because you don’t want you kids to know what’s really going on in the world they will in inherit from us?
It is time for parents to stand up and be counted, to make sure we are taking action to improve the world not just watching a “circus”.
How can I make a difference?
- Be brave talk about your opinions with friends, neighbors, and acquaintances. Do so in a positive way, ” I’m supporting the ballot measure about a commission rather than politicians redistricting lines because I think its a fair way for everyone’s voice to count.” Don’t – “I hate _____ h/s is destroying the planet.”
- Join or help a political campaign or ballot issue
- Show up at your local government’s public hearings, your congressperson community meetings, your state legislature. Speak up politely but firmly about what you believe.
- Fax a letter ( yes, old fashion way but its more likely to be read than email or regular mail) to public officials in your state, and members of Congress expressing your viewpoint. Be concise and focused. One issue per letter.
Members of U. S. Congress Voting Records
Check the Facts – Truth to Pants on fire
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- Christmas Tree Countdown– Fun Christmas Craft - November 22, 2018
- Rolled Beeswax Candles Kwanzaa Crafts - November 21, 2018
- Recall Children’s Biomedic Acetaminophen – Defective Child Resistant Caps - November 20, 2018