National Seat Check Saturday
“National Seat Check Saturday”.
If you are like us, we have not progressed to two and sometimes three car seats in the back seat. The rules for car seats, ages and weight for which kind of car seat are periodically revised so stay informed and keep those little one safe.
Here are some tips for Car Seat Safety from the Pennsylvania State Patrol:
- Read and follow the car seat and vehicle manufacturers’ instructions;
- Use the car’s seat belt to anchor the seat to the car unless you are using a child safety seat with the LATCH system;
- Fill out and return the registration card for your seat so you’ll know if it is recalled because of a problem;
- Make sure the seat’s harness fits snugly; and
- Use a tether strap if the seat requires it.