New Year Resolution for Moms to Be
Have a Happy and Healthy New year
- Be up-to-date with your vaccinations (shots). Talk to your healthcare provider about vaccinations you should receive before or during pregnancy, including your flu shot and Tdap booster.
- Don’t eat raw or undercooked meat, raw or runny eggs, unpasteurized (raw) juice or dairy products, raw sprouts — or products made with them.
- Handle foods safely. Be sure to wash all knives, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes used to prepare raw meat, fish or poultry before they come into contact with other foods.
- Maintain good hygiene. Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially before preparing or eating foods; after being around or touching pets and other animals; and after changing diapers or wiping runny noses.
- Do not put a young child’s food, utensils, drinking cups, or pacifiers in your mouth.
- Protect yourself from animals and insects known to carry diseases such as Zika virus, including mosquitos. This includes avoiding travel to areas where the virus is circulating. Find out more at ZAPzika.org.
- Stay away from wild or pet rodents, live poultry, lizards and turtles during pregnancy.
- Let someone else clean the cat litter boxes!
Latest posts by Christine Lorenzen (see all)
- Baby Speech Development –Identifying Language Development Problems - June 14, 2018
- Boost Strategic Skills With Music - March 21, 2018
- Best Type of Toys and Gifts for Kids by Age – Infant to Age 12 - December 4, 2017