Top 10 New Year’s Resolutions A Mom May Wish She Never Made This Year!
By Cheryl Moeller
1. I will rename my new expensive gourmet coffee mug my adult sippy-cup.
2. I will use the coffee packets I take from hotel rooms as stocking stuffers for my husband. –
3. I will remove the chocolate chip cookies I’ve been hiding in a zip lock bag inside the top of the commode and go on my diet cold-turkey. –
4. I will limit scheduled events for the week to the twice a week garbage pickup days. –
5. I will try and use extreme couponing to pay the electric bill.
6. I will invite all my difficult relatives to friend me the same day on Facebook.
7. I will write down my height and weight in metric on my driver’s license application renewal.
8. I will give my four year old the drum set he’s always wanted for his birthday.
9. I will download only Scottish bagpipe music to my iPod for workouts.
10. I will ask my husband if he likes my cooking or his mother’s cooking better and promise him I won’t be hurt by his answer.
Cheryl Moeller cranks up the spin cycle on her washing machine and life to help parents cope with too much laundry, raising preschoolers (on 12 hours of sleep per year), surviving teenagers, pleasing relatives, understanding spouses, and the 1,000 other challenges. She uses her over-the-counter humor to make parents laugh until it feels better.
Cheryl is a sister, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a niece, an aunt, a granddaughter, a friend, a volunteer... well you get the idea. Let.s just say she.s a lot like you and has decided the best way for us all to cope is to laugh (don't try to inhale at the same time, it only makes matters worse).
Cheryl is a wiife to Robert for 28 years. Mother to Duke, Missy, Pooka, Skippy, Megs and Kenzie. One dog - Katie. One fish - Skyler. Two gerbils - Hannah and Lily. Cheryl cranks up the spin cycle on her dryer and life to help parents cope with too much laundry, raising preschoolers (on 12 hours of sleep per year), surviving teenagers, pleasing relatives, understanding spouses, and the thousand other challenges. Read more of Cheryl's humor at www.momlaughs.blogspot.com
Latest posts by Cheryl Moeller (see all)
- 30th Anniversary of Being a Mom with Autumn Fading - September 24, 2018
- Mom’s Multiple Choice: Promises or Threats? - September 24, 2018
- Funny Sermon Titles that Almost Made It to the Pulpit - September 23, 2018