Nine Things Not to Say in a Wedding Card
2. My roommate from college is getting married! I'm so excited for you! By the way did you know I read there was a serious computer virus operating on your Internet dating website when they matched you with Brad? Don't worry, they've fixed it now and no more polygamists will be allowed to get through the filter process. Enjoy your magical day!
4. Your wedding goes to show there are no hopeless cases. Love, Aunt Edna
5. That tuxedo your new husband wore is so unforgettable! I told Elmer on the way home it looks exactly like those adorable Antarctic birds in, "March of the Penguins." I'm just curious – does your hubby like cold weather?
6. To think you're already back from your honeymoon! I'm so happy the two of you are happy. I don't even mind losing the $10 bet with your sister that the marriage wouldn't last this long.
(You two are still together aren't you?)
7. What a thrill to meet your new husband at the wedding! I felt like I had seen him before. Then when I returned to my job at the Post Office I realized I had. To think his picture was on the wall for two years and I never bothered to look at his name. (I hope you feel so wanted in your new life together…he is.)
8. We all wept at your wedding, sweetheart. There's no need to explain why. Aunt Selma.
9. My dearest daughter, congratulations on your marriage to Steve. They say, "Behind every great man is a surprised mother-in-law." I'm still waiting to be surprised. Signed, your loving Mother
10. Marriage is like a carton of milk – it's wholesome, refreshing, and comes with an expiration date. May your love never curdle, but if it does, make tofu.
Cheryl Moeller cranks up the spin cycle on her washing machine and life to help parents cope with too much laundry, raising preschoolers (on 12 hours of sleep per year), surviving teenagers, pleasing relatives, understanding spouses, and the 1,000 other challenges. She uses her over-the-counter humor to make parents laugh until it feels better.
Cheryl is a sister, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a niece, an aunt, a granddaughter, a friend, a volunteer... well you get the idea. Let.s just say she.s a lot like you and has decided the best way for us all to cope is to laugh (don't try to inhale at the same time, it only makes matters worse).
Cheryl is a wiife to Robert for 28 years. Mother to Duke, Missy, Pooka, Skippy, Megs and Kenzie. One dog - Katie. One fish - Skyler. Two gerbils - Hannah and Lily. Cheryl cranks up the spin cycle on her dryer and life to help parents cope with too much laundry, raising preschoolers (on 12 hours of sleep per year), surviving teenagers, pleasing relatives, understanding spouses, and the thousand other challenges. Read more of Cheryl's humor at www.momlaughs.blogspot.com
Latest posts by Cheryl Moeller (see all)
- Four Items on Your Back to School List You’ll Never Use Again - July 5, 2019
- Humor: Nine Things Not to Say in a Graduation Card - April 11, 2019
- 10 Gifts Mom Wants for Christmas…. - November 22, 2018