Peanut Butter Popcorn Poppers
All kids love PB & J, but it gets a bit tiresome with the same sandwich every time. Not only are these PBPP (have the kids say that five times fast) a new twist, they are fun and easy for even the kids of almost any age to make. Simple peanut-butter-coated popcorn is shaped into small balls and topped off with kids’ favorite candies. Kids love these treats and so do parents because popcorn is a delicious, 100% whole grain snack that is a good source of fiber and free of trans fat. Have fun in the kitchen with your kids with this tasty recipe today!
– 1 bag (2.9 ounces) (11 cups popped) microwave popcorn
– No-stick cooking spray
– 1 cup light corn syrup
– 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
– Bear-shaped real fruit juice gummi candies
1.Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Remove all unpopped kernels. Place popped corn in large bowl sprayed with cooking spray; set aside.
2.Heat corn syrup in small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to boil and boil 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Pour mixture over popped corn; tossing gently to coat evenly. Let cool about 5 minutes.
3.Spray hands with cooking spray. Gently roll popcorn mixture into one inch balls. Press thumb firmly into center of each ball to make indention for candy insert. Place 1 piece of candy in center of each cookie. Best if served same day.
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- 30 Days Before School — School Readiness Kindergarten to High School Check List - July 14, 2018
- Child Caregiver Communication Tips for Parents - July 14, 2018
- 12 Days ofFun and Easy Summer Activities for Children - July 2, 2018