Behind the Kitchen Sink: Making a Plexiglass Backsplash
By Sonya Weiss – Interior Design – Making a Plexiglass Backsplash
A backsplash does more than protect your wall from water splashes. A backsplash can be a beautiful addition to your kitchen. However, if you look around at home improvement stores, you’ll see a lot of the same kind of colors in the tiles. You’ll also see shiny metallic backsplashes.
You’ll find plenty of neutral colors. Safe colors that can fit the décor in a multitude of kitchens. Of course, you can special order tiles but even then, your choices are limited.
While it’s true you can use tiles at home improvement stores to create a nice backsplash, using the same tiles many homeowners also use can be a little stifling.
Want to create a backsplash that’s the only one like it in the world? Put your child’s drawings behind a Plexiglass backsplash. Or put up your favorite quotes or pictures.
Creating a customized backsplash is not only less expensive, but your options are unlimited. Have a favorite postcard? Memories of a special vacation? Put it up as your backsplash! Got some concert memories you’d like to showcase? Put up ticket stubs, your favorite band’s CD inserts or even old LPs can be used in a backsplash.
1. Have a piece of Plexiglass cut to the measurements you need to fit the area behind your sink. A home improvement store can do this for you.
2. Arrange the materials you want to use. You can use mounting tape, strips or mounting board.
3. Once you’ve arranged the design, put up the Plexiglass and mount it onto the wall.
The great thing about a customized backsplash is when you decide to change your kitchen décor, you can easily arrange a new backsplash design.
From the time she was a child, Sonya spun stories to entertain herself and her siblings. Once she graduated from high school, she put her writing aside and attended college where she studied Secondary Education, majoring in English. She's represented by literary agent Nicole Resciniti.
Sonya's website can be found at https://sonyaweiss.com/
Latest posts by Sonya Weiss (see all)
- Home Decorating:Glass Shelves for Windows by Sonya Weiss - October 11, 2018
- Decorating the Foyer for Halloween - September 20, 2018
- Ten Creative Headboard Ideas for Frugal Decorators - September 19, 2018