Make a Halloween Pumpkin Costume from Families OnLine Magazine
Kids Halloween Pumpkin Costume (3 – 5 year olds)
This bright orange material with glowing, yellow face makes this pumpkin
1) cut a piece of felt/ material cut a piece of felt/material 1m (1yd.)
2) this next step is optional.if you’d like your pumpkin to look as if it has
3) fold over and pin the top 2cm (1″) of felt/material and stitch to form
4) cut out large,yellow pieces of felt to look like a pumpkin face.stitch or
5) with the right sides together,pin and stitch the center back,beginning below
6) using a safety pin,weave the through both casings.(thread a bead onto each
7) try the costume on your child.tie the ribbons at the neck and bottom and
This hat should look like the cut-out lid from a pumpkin.
1) cut out 2 large orange circles, each about 25cm (10″) in diameter.
2) machine stitch them together along the outside edges.
3) poke two (2) holes, each one 3 cm from either of the center point.
4) poke a ribbon up from underneath, across the center point and down the other
5) for the pumpkin stem, diagonally roll up three layers of green or beige with
6) if the hat slips off your childs head, glue on a couple of small pieces of
Your child can wear orange, black or yellow clothing under the pumpkin costume.
**I made this costume for my son for halloween and everyone loved
Latest posts by Sue Miller (see all)
- Kids Make a Bird Feeder with a Pinecone, Peanut Butter and Bird Seed - December 26, 2018
- Ready for Halloween? Check out these Halloween songs and funny Tombstone sayings. - October 27, 2018
- Halloween Jokes– Skeleton Jokes and Vampire Jokes - October 27, 2018