Top 12 Family Fun Adventures In San Francisco
Kids are sure to enjoy these 12 kid fun things to do in San Francisco.
1. Enjoy a short, scenic boat ride over, then wander the prison cell blocks at Alcatraz
2. Go Whale Watching in San Francisco Bay, January through April you can see gray whales migrating past Point Reyes in Marin County as they make their way from the arctic to Baja. Humpback whales move in pods of 5-10 from November to March. In the summer and fallvisit the Farallon Islands, where humpbacks, blue whales, sperm whales and orcas feed.
3. Sightsee aboard a bright-red 1955 Mack fire engine
4. Stroll through Chinatown and lunch in one of the old-time, curtain-enclosed booths at Far East Cafe
5. Climb all over the collection of historical vessels moored at Hyde Street Pier
6. Have fun and learn about science at the same time at the cavernous Exploratorium
7. Take a whirl on an antique carrousel in Golden Gate Park, then frolic for a while at adjacent Koret Children’s Quarter playground–the first public playground in a U.S. park
8. Get a great kid’s meal served in a cardboard classic car and play an oldie but goodie for two bits on a mini-jukebox at Mel’s Drive-In (did you know jukeboxes were invented in in 1888?)
9. Spend an afternoon at the Zoo, which has a special Children’s Zoo and another antique carousel.
10. Watch the bakers at Boudin at the Wharf make this famous sourdough bread, then purchase a souvenir loaf of bread in the shape of a darling turtle or alligator.
11. While you are at the Wharf got o Pier 39 and see the seals sunbathing, ride the merry-go-round and enjoy the wide variety of food and shops.
12. Stuff yourself with the best ice cream sundae ever at the
Ghirardelli Chocolate Manufactory in Ghirardelli Square
And don’t forget to ride the Cable Cars on your way to any of these fun adventures.