Best Back to School Apps
By Greta Jenkins
School Year Apps for Students and Parents: Improve Organization, Study and Research.
- myHomework Student Planner – Quickly access homework assignments and classes with a simple touch. Includes calendar, reminders and ability to sync to your homework and classes to your home computer.
- Dictionary/Thesaurus- free – iphone and ipad Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com. Android Dictionary/Thesaurus App
- Chegg Textbooks & Study Help – access textbooks online
- Evernote – Research and reminders – Collect information from anywhere into a single place. Text notes,web pages, files and snapshots for Iphone, Android and Ipad
- gFlashPro – Flash Card Iphone and ipad only
- Documents to Go – Documents To Go you can view on your Android mobile device Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files & attachments (doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx). Documents To Go Iphone/Ipad
Parents Back to School Apps
- Cozi Family Organizer – award winning – share a family calendar, create to-do and grocery lists, and put together photo albums and a family journal for Iphone and Ipad
- Remember the Milk – Family calendar that can be synced with Google Calendar for Android.
Getting to School on time
KinderClock – Kid friendly photo’s to get them moving an out the door on time – iphone and Ipad
- Parents Flash Cards – Learn Letters (ABC’s) colors and shapes, free app for Iphone and Ipad
- Parents Math Flash Cards – Addition, subtraction and division teaching tool for Iphone and Ipad
- Kids Alphabet – ABC games for kids for Android
- Kids Numbers and Math – Teaches basic math skills for Android.
"I believe that families' involvement in their child's education is one of the key ingredients to creating a successful school experience for children. Keeping parents informed about school-related issues helps parents and teachers work together for the best possible outcomes for their children. Learning together makes learning fun - for everyone!" - Jennifer Cummings.
Latest posts by Jennifer Cummings (see all)
- Back to School – Alleviating Anxiety for the New School Year, a Teacher’s Advice - July 4, 2019
- Parental involvement: Back to School Tips - July 4, 2019
- Back to School Ideas: How to Encourage Kids After Holiday Break - July 1, 2019