Best Back to School Apps
By Greta Jenkins
School Year Apps for Students and Parents: Improve Organization, Study and Research.
- myHomework Student Planner – Quickly access homework assignments and classes with a simple touch. Includes calendar, reminders and ability to sync to your homework and classes to your home computer.
- Dictionary/Thesaurus- free – iphone and ipad Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com. Android Dictionary/Thesaurus App
- Chegg Textbooks & Study Help – access textbooks online
- Evernote – Research and reminders – Collect information from anywhere into a single place. Text notes,web pages, files and snapshots for Iphone, Android and Ipad
- gFlashPro – Flash Card Iphone and ipad only
- Documents to Go – Documents To Go you can view on your Android mobile device Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files & attachments (doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx). Documents To Go Iphone/Ipad
Parents Back to School Apps
- Cozi Family Organizer – award winning – share a family calendar, create to-do and grocery lists, and put together photo albums and a family journal for Iphone and Ipad
- Remember the Milk – Family calendar that can be synced with Google Calendar for Android.
Getting to School on time
KinderClock – Kid friendly photo’s to get them moving an out the door on time – iphone and Ipad
- Parents Flash Cards – Learn Letters (ABC’s) colors and shapes, free app for Iphone and Ipad
- Parents Math Flash Cards – Addition, subtraction and division teaching tool for Iphone and Ipad
- Kids Alphabet – ABC games for kids for Android
- Kids Numbers and Math – Teaches basic math skills for Android.
"I believe that families' involvement in their child's education is one of the key ingredients to creating a successful school experience for children. Keeping parents informed about school-related issues helps parents and teachers work together for the best possible outcomes for their children. Learning together makes learning fun - for everyone!" - Jennifer Cummings.
Her publications: Tips from the Teacher provides useful hints and "tricks of the trade" that you can use at home to boost your child's academic progress year after year. And Homelinks Teacher Tools for Communicating with Parents New Skills Strategies, Newsletters and Home Communication Tools for Teachers(grades 2-8)
More Child Education Resources:
US Dept. of Education
Latest posts by Jennifer Cummings (see all)
- 30 Days Before School — School Readiness Kindergarten to High School Check List - July 14, 2018
- 12 Days ofFun and Easy Summer Activities for Children - July 2, 2018
- 50 Things To Do To Get Ready for School - July 1, 2018