Back to School Fashion Trends 2016
Top Style Favorites: Athletic for Girls and City Chic for Boys from Zulily’s Back to School Fashion Report.
– Girls go against gender norms, while embracing the combination of comfort and style, with their top styles being athletic (40%), followed by boho (33%)
– Boys on the other hand are looking to a more adult-influenced approach for fashion inspiration, preferring city chic (48%) and preppy (33%) styles for their back-to-school wardrobe
Blue Ranks #1 Among Kids, Girls Prefer Traditional Favorites
– The classic, yet cool color of blue is the top color among all kids (26%)
– However, girls still like the more traditional colors for girls with pink (29%) and purple (25%) reigning supreme as their favorite colors of choice, with blue coming in third (15%)
– Boys still prefer blue (42%), with red (15%) and black (12%) coming in as second and third choices
Sorry Mom: Girls’ Say Mom Isn’t Her #1 Style Icon
– While many moms use their own style as the main source of inspiration when shopping for their kids (38%), girls are in fact, more likely to turn to their friends (41%) first for inspiration, then to their mom (26%) followed closely by television (22%)
– Boys continue to go with the flow and frequently turn to parents for style inspiration first (38%), followed closely by friends (34%), with television being the smallest source of their style inspiration (14%)
How Moms Beat the Wardrobe Wars
With 38 percent of parents spending between $100 – $249 per child on back-to-school clothing, mom needs to feel con dent in her family’s back-to-school wardrobe options along with her child feeling happy, con dent and most of all, heard!
– Style inspiration isn’t the only thing moms and daughters may not see eye to eye on. When it comes to picking out what to wear, girls are more independent, with 36 percent of moms admitting to disagreeing on clothing choices with their daughters
– To beat the wardrobe wars, a majority of moms (58%) recommend giving their child choices and letting the child ultimately pick their own outfit.
Fashion Expert’s Advice
“The best way to unleash your child’s style is by giving kids a number of choices,” said Redman. “As they get older, give them the chance to express their independence and individuality when picking their outfits, as this will ultimately lead to feelings of self-confidence, gaining self-style and learning how to coordinate different pieces.”
While back-to-school shopping can be daunting, Redman recommends planning in advance and getting an early start to avoid any stress.
“Start by cleaning out your kid’s closet so you can see what still fits and be able to accurately put together a checklist of what you need for this year,” said Redman. “Create a budget and look for the best deals to help stay within that budget.”
source: Zulily Back to School Fashion Report
Latest posts by Karen James (see all)
- Kids Arts and Crafts – Snow Storm Art - December 26, 2018
- Fall is Apple Season – Enjoy the Taste and Health Benefits - August 30, 2018
- 5 Ways To Celebrate Grandparents Day In Style - August 1, 2018