Scotch Eggs A Christmas Eve Dinner Tradition
A delicious and easy Christmas Eve recipe for your family.
1 quart oil for frying
2 pounds pork sausage
4 cups dried bread crumbs, seasoned
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Heat oil
in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Place eggs in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to
boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs sit in hot water
for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
3. Flatten the sausage and make a patty to surround each
egg. Very lightly flour the sausage and coat with beaten
egg. Roll in bread crumbs to cover evenly.
4. Deep fry until golden brown, or pan fry while making
sure each side is well cooked. Bake in the preheated oven
for 10 minutes.
5. Cut in half and serve over a bed of lettuce and sliced
tomatoes for garnish. If mustard is desired it looks beautiful
Christmas Recipes– Holiday Recipes — Kids Christmas Holdiay Recipes and Crafts
Latest posts by Jeanette LaPorte (see all)
- Thanksgiving Poem and Thanksgiving Prayer - October 26, 2018
- Towns with Holiday Names in the USA - October 25, 2018
- Preschool ThanksgivingCrafts– Easy and Fun Family Activities - October 24, 2018