Kids Make a Snow Gauge To Measure Snowfall
Fun Winter Experiment for Kids
CREATE A SNOW GAUGE
Do you live in deep snow country? The depth of snow can be using your homemade snowgauge, so you can tell current snowfall with a quick glance.
Keep track of how much snow falls in your backyard.
1. Cut off the top portion of a large plastic soda bottle or use a clear plastic cup.
2. With a permanent marker, draw lines on the outside of container in 1/4″ increments.
3. Place outside when snow begins to fall.
4. Record snowfall.
5. Allow the snow to melt. How much water is there?
6. Measure how much melted snow it takes to create water. Are you surprised at the difference?
Winter Fun! Arts and Crafts
|Winter Songs||Snowflake Stick-ons|
Latest posts by Jeanette LaPorte (see all)
- Thanksgiving Poem and Thanksgiving Prayer - October 26, 2018
- Towns with Holiday Names in the USA - October 25, 2018
- Preschool ThanksgivingCrafts– Easy and Fun Family Activities - October 24, 2018