Spring Family Fun Activities
By Barbara Bietz
As the cold winter months melt away, Spring offers us opportunities for new beginnings, and making small changes by trying new things. . Along with cleaning and de-cluttering, now is the perfect time to seek out creative ways to celebrate the season. Looking for some creative ideas?
Here are 10 simple activities you can do today.
1. Pick flowers from your garden or purchase a local Farmer’s market and place little bunches all over your home . Use unexpected containers: wine bottles, drinking glasses, even coffee mugs make great vases. Flowers smell great and give your home an instant facelift.
2. Take a family photo in the park and place in simple frame decorated with twigs from the park .
3. Place fresh lemons in a bowl for a beautiful, fragrant centerpiece. Use the lemons to make lemonade or to freshen up your garbage disposal or microwave oven – place in a bowl and heat wipe inside of oven clean.
4. Try leaf printing on fabric. There are many techniques and project ideas.Find easy to follow directions here. You can use this technique on t-shirts, pillow cases, curtains, and more.
5. Write a poem about Spring, or flowers, or the joys of walking the dog.
6. Paint: a room, a wall, or a rainbow on a canvas.
7. Look up recipes to make homemade non-toxic cleaning supplies. Your home will smell fresh and clean without chemicals. Some recipes are surprisingly simple.
8. Put away heavy quilts. Make or buy a few brightly colored pillows and accessories to bring Spring into your home.
9. Make scented sachets for your linen closet, lingerie drawer, and even your car. Stuff pre-made drawstring bags (the kind used to wrap up jewelry work great) or homemade pockets with loose potpourri or lavender.
10. Get dirty! Plant a flower garden with seeds or small plants. If you don’t have a yard or it’s too soon to plant outside, use ceramic pots and place in a window. Leaf printing will work on clay pots, too.
Most of these activities are family friendly so pull the kids away from the video games and get creative. Let the season inspire you!
Latest posts by Barbara Bietz (see all)
- Spring Family Fun Activities - February 22, 2018
- Picture Books: Connecting with History, People, and Places - March 17, 2017
- The Past Comes to Life with Historical Fiction - February 13, 2017