Spring and Summer Family Fun in Connecticut
This spring and summer, Connecticut top seasonal highlights:
- Get up close and personal with wildlife at the Connecticut Science Center’s new exhibit, “Butterfly Encounter,” opening this June in Hartford; see an exotic array of species at Mystic Aquarium’s “Weird and Wonderful” exhibit, opening Memorial DayWeekend; explore the Maritime Aquarium’s expanded jellyfish exhibit in Norwalk, opening this summer; and, visit Changbai, a female Amur tiger on exhibit now at Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport.
- Pick your own bouquet at Lavender Pond Farm in Killingworth on select dates this summer, to be announced; and, use the new “See & Sip Itineraries,” designed by the Connecticut Wine Trail and Connecticut Art Trail, to pick and pair wine tasting locations with local museums.
- Learn something new at Mystic Seaport by visiting the Thompson Exhibition Building, currently showing its inaugural exhibit, “SeaChange;” and, learn all about minerals at Nature’s Art Village’s new state-of-the-art miniature golf course opening this summer, joining the 40 life-sized dinosaurs, pristine nature trails and indoor activity center.
- Explore 216 miles of Connecticut shoreline: soak in the rays at public beaches, including Hammonasset Beach State Park, home to the Meigs Point Nature Center; kayak around the Thimble Islands; take a lighthouse boat tour; and, devour a hot-buttered lobster roll at one of Connecticut’s legendary seafood shacks.
- Hit the hiking and biking trails that crisscross Connecticut for hundreds of miles, including those in The Last Green Valley, a National Heritage Corridor that runs through 26 towns in Connecticut’s northeast corner.
Family Fun Events:
- Enjoy the blooms at any one of Connecticut’s major flower festivals, including the Meriden Daffodil Festival (April 29-30) and Dogwood Festival in Fairfield (May 12-14).
- Indulge in seasonal delights at the Milford Oyster Festival (August 19), featuring the largest variety of oysters at any festival in the United States; and, don’t miss all the special events at breweries along the renowned Connecticut Beer Trail.
- Try something new on Connecticut Open House Day (June 10), when Connecticut residents enjoy discounted or free admission, giveaways or special offers at 150+ attractions.
SOURCE Connecticut Office of Tourism
https://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/spring-summer-family-fun-connecticut/https://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Essex_Town_Dock_CT_Travel-682x1024.jpghttps://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Essex_Town_Dock_CT_Travel-150x150.jpgAre we there Yet?Family Fun,Family Travel,HealthThis spring and summer, Connecticut top seasonal highlights:Get up close and personal with wildlife at the Connecticut Science Center's new exhibit, 'Butterfly Encounter,' opening this June in Hartford; see an exotic array of species at Mystic Aquarium's 'Weird and Wonderful' exhibit, opening Memorial DayWeekend; explore the Maritime Aquarium's expanded jellyfish exhibit in Norwalk,...Families Online MagazineFamilies Online Magazine Staff Writer[email protected]AdministratorFamilies Online Magazine
Our experts provide warm, loving, and generous advice for parents, your family and children, no matter their age -- infants, school age, 'tweens, and teenagers. Features include:Parenting, Ages and Stages of Child Development, Child Support, Cooking, Health, Children's Books, Nutrition, Christian Parenting, Relationships, Green-living, Education and School
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- Best Snacks for Your Memorial Day Road Trip - May 22, 2018
- $28,000 Annual Healthcare Costsfor American Families - May 22, 2018
- What Parents Can do to Keep Graduation Parties Fun and Safe - May 22, 2018