9 Must Have’s for Summer Moms on the Go
1. Maclaren BMW Buggy Stroller
For moms on the go, it’s imperative that their child has a comfy place to nap. Heartier than a traditional umbrella stroller but just as convenient, the Maclaren Techno XT Buggy has fully reclining seats, a five point harness system and an extendable leg rest. Since it’s designed for children newborn to 55 pounds, it’s really a stroller worth investing in. If you have two young children or if you’re having twins, the double version has tandem style independently reclining seats and it fits through standard doors and shopping isles easily. Both the single and double can fit into the trunk of any vehicle and are lightweight, so they are perfect for taking on your travels. $250 – $600
2. Petunia Pickle Bottoms Glazed Boxy Backpack.
Moms on the go need a diaper bag that works and wears well. Petunia’s Glazed Boxy Backpack is roomy and has the perfect arrangement of inner and outer storage pockets, which makes things easier to find. It holds a few days worth of supplies and even boasts its own detachable and washable changing station. The exterior fabric is water repellent and can be wiped clean and the interior liner is water resistant. The diaper bag can go from backpack, to shoulder bag in a snap and you can even purchase valet clips that allow the bag to safely attach to your stroller. With the unique and fashionable fabrics Petunia uses, you won’t be able to lose your bag. $150 – $300
3. BabyBjörn Travel Crib Light and Fitted Sheet. Bye- bye bulky pack and play and hello BabyBjörn Travel Crib Light. Whether it be a safe place to sleep at night or a comfy place to rest during the day, moms on the go will so appreciate BabyBjörn’s Travel Crib Light. The portable crib has a simple set up, consisting of one single movement and closes just as easily. Its soft carrying case makes it easy to transport and store wherever your day takes you. $250- $300
4. BUILT Neoprene Diaper Bag and Cushy Tushy Changing Pad. For beach going moms, BUILT’s coordinating diaper and changing pads are perfect. Water resistant with a neat nylon drawstring closure, the diaper bag is sure to keep your essentials dry. The insulating side pocket is perfect for keeping your child’s drink cool on hot days. Moms who hate the never ending process of digging out sand from the crevices in their beach bag can do so no more. The bag and changing pad are completely machine washable, so simply toss them in and let the washing machine do the work. $13
5. The Mommy Hook. For moms who enjoy shopping on the boardwalk or at the little boutique’s in town, the Mommy Hook is invaluable. Simply snap the aluminum hook on your stroller and load it up with your bags. For traveling moms, the Mommy Hook can save your countless trips going to and from the car to unload your packed bags. Since the Mommy Hook can make your stroller top heavy, it’s important to always have your hands on the stroller when using the Mommy Hook so it doesn’t tip. $8. ( All Alumin hooks at hardware store $2)
6. Squirt Baby Food Dispensing Spoon. Moms on the go often only have one hand free and that’s all you’ll need to feed your baby with the Squirt Baby Food Dispensing Spoon. No more packing jars of baby food and spoons or looking for the closest trash bin to toss your leftovers. Simply fill your spoon before you leave the house with up to 3 ounces of baby food. When you’re baby is ready to eat, squeeze the bulb to dispense the food onto the spoon and voila! Your baby is fed. When you’re done simply replace the protective cover, put it back in your bag and throw it in the dishwasher later, when you return home. $8
7. Bambino Mio Swim Diaper. Moms on the go must be prepared for everything. Not a child will pass up an opportunity to play in the water. With a water resistant inner layer, and leak proof legs and waistband, the Bambino Mio Swim Nappy is perfect pre-potty trained children. They’re also soft enough and small enough to stick in the diaper bag so you’ll be ready to play when your kids are. $11.40
8. Babybanz Sunglasses. For moms who enjoy spending their summer outdoors in the sun, eye protection sun is a must for their children. Babybanz sunglasses provide 100% UVA and UVB protection. With an adjustable neoprene strap and Velcro closure, they provide the perfect fit so little ones aren’t tempted to pull them off. If your child wears prescription glasses, don’t worry. The lenses can be replaced with prescription ones in a cinch. $15 – $25
9. BabyBjörn Baby Carrier
Sometimes moms on the go want to go where no stroller will take them. Whether you’re navigating an amusement park, going for a walk in the woods or simply prefer to carry, rather than push your baby, the BabyBjõrn Baby Carrier Synergy is a comfortable and simple way to wear your baby well. Made of breathable mesh material, the Synergy is perfect to wear on warm days. The padded adjustable shoulder straps provide a perfect fit for most any mom and the extra support makes carrying your baby easier. The carrier provides excellent head and neck support for your baby and allows you to carry your child in correct physiological position. $50 – $125
Before you head out this summer, evaluate your tools of the mommy trade carefully. Having the right equipment will allow you to make the most of your summer.
Michelle is an active member of the nanny community. She is the founder and president of Boston Area Nannies, Inc., a local non profit educational organization and has served on the International Nanny Association Board of Directors for the past five years. During that time she has also served as the associations 1st Vice President. Michelle is also a proud member of Christian Nannies.
She is called on by the media as a nanny and parenting expert, and has been affectionately dubbed America's Nanny. Michelle has appeared on television and has been featured in print.
To learn more about Michelle and to get your parenting tip of the day, please visit www.michellelarowe.com.
Books by Michelle LaRowe
A Mom's Ultimate Book of Lists: 100+ Lists to Save You Time, Money and Sanity - Grocery lists. Checklists. To-do lists. Lots of people love--and live by--lists. And parents are no exception. Today's families are busier than ever, and moms don't have the time or energy to search and scramble for the parenting information they are desperately seeking. This handy, practical reference guide will save time, money, and sanity for today's busy women.To learn more, visit www.michellelarowe.com.
Working Mom's 411 is your one-stop resource guide for navigating through the often choppy waters of managing kids, career and home. With extensive experience as a credentialed nanny, household manager and as a working mom herself, Michelle is sure to make you laugh out loud as she shares her expert take on the common dilemmas that working mothers face.
Nanny to the Rescue - America's nanny offers a large dose of healthy parenting advice with secrets for raising happy, secure, and well-balanced babies and toddlers.
Nanny To the Rescue Again - Faced with multiple choices regarding school, friends, and activities coupled with the ever-widening influence of the outside world, parents of 6-12 year olds need help. America's nanny is back to offer a large dose of healthy parenting advice with secrets for raising happy, secure, and well-balanced children.
More Parenting Advice:
Latest posts by Michelle La Rowe (see all)
- Child Caregiver Communication Tips for Parents - July 14, 2018
- 3 of the Best Bonding Activities for Moms and Daughters - May 18, 2018
- Landmarks of a GREAT Preschool - January 3, 2018