Work at Home: Keeping the Family Happy During Summer
Another year of school has ended; another few months of bored kids have only just begun! Running a home business with kids at home can prove to be difficult at times. You’ll hear often about how bored they are or how there is absolutely nothing to do. Then there are fights to referee when they cannot agree. So it is simple to say that you will often find yourself having to stop your work to tend to your kids.
Here are just a few ideas to make everyone happy and spend some good quality time with your family during the summer time.
- Send your kids to stay with relatives for a while. (Of course, the relative has to be willing!!) I remember as a kid going to stay with my grandparents for the whole summer!
- Get seasons passes to Sea World, Six Flags/Fiesta Texas (or whatever state you are in), The Zoo, Museums, etc.
- Get your kids active in community sports (soccer, football, etc)
- Take them to the mall. Or even drop them off with some friends (age permitting of course!)
- Go see a movie (They can do this with friends too)
Although these things will take time away from your work schedule, it
should not hurt to do some of these things at least once or twice a week.
So here is where you make a deal with your kids. They leave you alone so you can get your priority work done and then you will take them somewhere for a little family fun! Now if they just want to go to a friend’s house or go hang out with friends at the mall, maybe go to a roller skating rink it is more of a plus for you!
I think personally that the summer months always prove to be more difficult for a work at home parent. When the kids are in school, you have the morning and afternoon to work, run errands, or even kick back and relax for an hour or two!
Latest posts by Jamie Edson Opielski (see all)
- WAHM Writers Resources: Writing Romance - September 9, 2018
- Go ahead, Take it outside – Working From Home With Kids - September 9, 2018
- Summertime Working At Home - September 9, 2018