Be a Football Hero with These Tailgating Tips and Recipes
Nothing beats a tailgate
A party, usually held near the trunk of a vehicle. The purpose of the tailgate party is to have a good time, but it also brings families and friends together who may not be attending the main event or sitting in different sections during the game.
Drinks, foods and lawn games keep tailgaters entertained till the main even starts. However, if you have been to a few tailgates, there is one thing you already know: a good tailgate is far more memorable than the main game.
To throw a seamless tailgate
You need to select and prepare the food and drinks before hand. Of course certain foods like sausages and burghers are best grilled on site, but there is no need to fret over preparing drinks or fiddling with food trays.
Below are a few tips and recipes for simple, Low cost family tailgating parties.
1. Crunchy chicken cheese tenders
Original crackers are combined with parmesan cheese to form a crisp coating over these chicken wings. They are great for the tailgate part or as a snack during the game.
1 1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast cut in halves.
¼ cup of multipurpose wheat flour
1 tablespoon of water
Two egg whites, partially beaten
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
One teaspoon of dry oregano leaves
*1/2 cup of ranch salad dressing or spicy ranch salad dressing.
What to do.
1. Cut the chicken lengthwise into 3/4 wide strips then set aside.
2. Put some flour on wax paper. Stir egg whites and water in a shallow dish. In a separate shallow dish, combine snack crackers with oregano and parmesan cheese.
3. Roll the chicken strips, one after the other, in the flour. Shake off any excess flour then dip into your egg white mix.
4. Coat the chicken with the cracker mix, gently pressing it into the flesh
5. Place the chicken in a shallow baking pan lined with foil or coated with cooking spray in one layer. Bake at 425F for 20 minutes then serve.
2. Chocolate ice cream sandwiches
These are ideal if you are taking your kids along for the game. It would help to have a camping fridge when trying out this tailgating recipe.
One packet of soft round cookies
One ice cream container in your favorite favor
A bag of chocolate chips
1. Place two to three tablespoons of the ice-cream on one side of half the cookies. The ice-cream should be a little stiff.
2. Place the remaining cookies face down on the ice the press gently.
3. Refrigerate your ice-cream sandwiches in the camping fridge for two hours before the tailgate.
3. Creamy buffalo chicken dip
Tailgating from home should ideally involve guests having quick little bites. This recipe has a bit of a kick that balances nicely with the blue cheese” tangy creaminess.
Roasted chicken from the supermarket
8 ounces of softened cream cheese
1/2 cup of crumbled blue cheese
A cup of ranch dressing
A box of crackers
One bunch of celery prepared and cut into four pieces.
2/4 cup of hot pepper sauce.
1. Heat hot sauce and chicken in the skillet with medium heat until thoroughly heated.
2. Add cream cheese, stir and keep cooking till cream cheese is completely absorbed.
3. Add crumbled blue cheese and ranch dressing, keep cooking and stirring till hot and bubbly.
Serve immediately with crackers and celery sticks. You can also leave the mixture in a slow cooker on low heat if you decided to cook before the tailgate.
4. Park near a landmark
It takes more than copious amounts of finger-licking food and beverages to plan a memorable tailgate party. The location you choose to hold the party should also be a big consideration when planning the tailgate. Park near a unique landmark and the party will linger in your memories for longer. Besides, it will be easier for your guests to find you. Guests only need to spot the land mark in order to locate he tailgate.
5. Crack open a cold one
Everyone at the tailgate expects the food to be hot and the beverages cold. Moreover, you will also be responsible for food safety if you are bringing food. It is therefore essential to bring a good camping fridge to keep the drinks cool and the meats chilled. Some of these coolers can keep ice for up to five days. With inbuilt cup holders, it is easy o see why these fridges are super convenient to bring along to every tailgate.
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- Recalled 500,000 Wind Up Musical Plush Toys - October 20, 2017
- Does Your 8 year-old Have Their Own Tablet or Do They Share with You? - October 19, 2017
- Target Recalls Room Essentials Leather Pouf Ottoman - October 18, 2017