Take Me Out to The Ballgame – Baseball Healthy Eating
A lot for families are heading out the ballgame – little league to MBA. It is a challenge to find nutritious food for the kids to eat while at the baseball game. Concession stands offer a wide variety of junk food and little health food. Try these tricks to enjoy the ballgame while eating healthy – baseball healthy eating :
- Eat a healthy meal before you head to the ballpark
- Drink plenty of water
Look for healthier food choices, MBA ballparks are now offering dishes such as this:
- chicken fajita wraps
- chicken stir fry
- fresh salads
- fresh fruit and yogurt
- gyros with grilled vegetables
- hummus plate
- veggie pizza
- veggie stir fry
Little League game concession stands often offer:
Best of all you can take your own snacks that are convenient and east to transport to little league games:
- Veggie Sticks
- Homemade popcorn
- Graham crackers
- Fig Newtons
- Cereal Bars
Get some exercise at the baseball game by walking around the field couple times before the game, and taking a walk during the game. Or playing this fun game during the baseball game.
- When some gets to first base have everybody march in place, raising legs 5-7 times.
- When someone gets to second base touch your toes , 5-7 times
- When someone gets to third base do the twist 6-8 times
- When some gets to home base do jumping jacks- 5-7 times
You can do more of less of each exercise or change the the number based on innings, e.g. one for first inning to nine for ninth inning.
Baseball Healthy Eating can be fun and tasty, so get on out to the ballgame!
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- Best Snacks for Your Memorial Day Road Trip - May 22, 2018
- $28,000 Annual Healthcare Costsfor American Families - May 22, 2018
- What Parents Can do to Keep Graduation Parties Fun and Safe - May 22, 2018