Take Your Dog to Work Day – June 22, 2018
Are you going to participate in Take Your Dog to Work Day®? Pet-friendly workplaces are growing in number, and now include Google, Mashable, Etsy and even Ben & Jerry’s. Pet Sitters International (PSI) created Take Your Dog To Work Day® in 1999, initially, the event met with resistance from employers, but more and more often it is becoming an event where employers welcome dogs in the office, even if just for one day.
A 2015 Society for Human Resource Management survey found that 8 percent of U.S. workplaces now allow employees to bring pets to work, an increase from 5% . Companies are joining the pet-friendly work environment movement especially as they hope to attract millennials workers.
Many companies that participate in Take Your Dog To Work Day® involve their local animal shelter to offer employees the opportunity to learn about pet adoption.
Take Your Dog to Work Day® Benefits to Companies:
- increase community involvement.
- establish new community ties by partnering with a local animal shelter, rescue group, humane society and/or professional pet sitter to organize the event.
- show employees you care about the role pets play in their lives.
- provide a low-cost “pet perk” to employees at a time when many companies have been forced to decrease bene ts.
- garner positive media attention.
- most importantly, support an important cause—pet adoption!
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- High Cholesterol Maybe You Are Allergic to Red Meat? - June 15, 2018
- 7 Activities For Fathers And Teen Daughters To Connect And Bond - June 10, 2018
- June 14 is Bath Day! - June 1, 2018