Take Your Dog to Work Day – June 24, 2016
Are you going to participate in Take Your Dog to Work Day®? Pet friendly work places are growing in number, and now include Google, Mashable, Etsy and even Ben & Jerry’s. Pet Sitters International (PSI) created Take Your Dog To Work Day® in 1999, initially the event met with resistance from employers, but more and more often it is becoming an event where employers welcome dogs in the office, even if just for one day.
A 2015 Society for Human Resource Management survey found that 8 percent of U.S. workplaces now allow employees to bring pets to work, an increase from 5% in 2013 . Companies are joining the pet-friendly work environment movement especially as they hope to attract millennials workers.
Many companies that participate in Take Your Dog To Work Day® involve their local animal shelter to offer employees the opportunity to learn about pet adoption.
Take Your Dog to Work Day® Benefits to Companies:
- increase community involvement.
- establish new community ties by partnering with a local animal shelter, rescue group, humane society and/or professional pet sitter to organize the event.
- show employees you care about the role pets play in their lives.
- provide a low-cost “pet perk” to employees at a time when many companies have been forced to decrease bene ts.
- garner positive media attention.
- most importantly, support an important cause—pet adoption!
Get a free event toolkit offered by PSI, it provides step-by-step instructions for planning an event, a sample “dogs at work” policy and customizable forms that companies can use for their events. The toolkit also includes tips about partnering with local pet-rescue organizations and working with local professional pet sitters to assist with the day’s activities.
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- Visiting Dublin with Kids – Things To Do and See - March 20, 2018
- Dr. Brown’s Lovey Pacifier & Teether Holders Recalled - March 18, 2018
- Hot Cross Buns for Good Friday – Easter Recipes - March 18, 2018