New at Theme Parks This Summer
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Valencia, north of Los Angeles off Interstate 5 at the Magic Mountain Parkway exit. New this year:
Bonzai Pipelines, two impressive thrill slides that sit side-by-side, features a unique launching capsule system on Taboo Tower. Friday Flicks Dive-In Movies, featuring family-friendly movies in the Forgotten Sea wave pool now through Labor Day beginning at 6 p.m. The new Crow’s Nest food location nearby will offer hot dogs and nachos.
Admission special: Guests can receive one FREE Season Parking Pass with the purchase of four Hurricane Harbor Season Passes. Additional season pass perks include discounted admission for friends and more. www.SixFlags.com/HurricaneHarborLA.
The newest family thrill at Six Flags St. Louis is Tsunami Soaker. This spinning, spraying water adventure is the first of its kind in the park, bringing yet another unique experience to the Coaster Capital of Missouri. Guests aboard Tsunami Soaker will engage in a water battle of epic proportions while twisting and churning “round and “round.
The floor of Tsunami Soaker spins in a clockwise direction, while nine boats individually rotate with a total of 54 riders equipped with giant water cannons launch streams of water at other boats and bystanders. The main floor of the ride disappears into the water once riders have been seated. As the floor descends, water fills and boats will actually float as they rotate.
Knotts Berry Farms 2014 marks the beginning of an exciting time in Knott’s history as its treasured Camp Snoopy celebrates the big 3-0 with a complete restoration of the entire land! Knott’s& Berry has three new rides this season: Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer, Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies and Linus Launcher. The addition of the three new family rides:
- Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer invites campers to “fly a kite” with Charlie Brown and soar above the land’s winding paths and babbling streams but watch out for the kite-eating tree! This 32-passenger adventure allows guests to sit side-by-side on 16 swings for a spin that whisks riders up to 18 feet above the ground. As the tree rises, good ol’ Charlie Brown is revealed upside down and all tied up in kite string! Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer will replace Snoopy Bounce.
- Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies lets tykes climb aboard their very own all-terrain vehicle for an adventurous ride around the High Sierras. Six four-seater ATVs will spin, bounce, and bump up to 24 guests at a time, while Pig Pen looks on from his center perch. Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies will replace Log Peeler.
- Linus Launcher recreates that classic Peanut’s moment when Snoopy grabs Linus’ blanket and launches him on a wild ride. On Linus Launcher, guests lay on one of twelve “blankets” as they fly round and round. Up to 24 guests lay side-by-side while Snoopy launches them up almost 10 feet in the air. Guests will enjoy a Woodstock’s-eye view of all of Camp Snoopy below! Linus Launcher will replaceCharlie Brown’s Speedway.
Get a sneak peak of the revitalized area with an all-new preview sketch at Knotts.com.
The new attraction at Universal Studios is located in the The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Diagon Alley – Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.
The new attraction is based on Harry Potter film series where Harry, Ron and Hermione break into one of the most guarded places in the wizarding world Gringotts bank to retrieve a magical object that will help defeat Lord Voldemort.
According to Universal Studios during an action-packed, fully-immersive journey on Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, you will:
- Marvel at the 60-foot, fire-breathing Ukrainian Ironbelly dragon atop Gringotts Wizarding Bank
- Tour Gringotts bank and pass through the marble hall where you’ll see goblins hard at work
- Race through a labyrinth of underground Gringotts vaults
- Encounter the villainous Death Eater, Bellatrix Lestrange, as she attempts to send you to your doom
- Come face to face with He Who Must Not Be Named
- Experience even more mind-blowing moments
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- Do you know someone who was born in 2013 heading to kindergarten? - July 13, 2018
- New Teen Driver? Best for Parents to Ride Along - July 10, 2018
- 5 Quick Ways to Organize Your Garage - July 6, 2018