Top 50 Toy Gifts for Christmas 2018
From collectible surprises to toys with a “gross-out factor,” eBay’s top eight trends for the holiday season include:
The 50 Hottest Toys of the Season:
The 50 Hottest Toys of the Season
• Air Hogs Supernova
• Barbie Baby Doctor
• Barbie Care Clinic
• Baby Alive Super Snacks Snackin’ Noodles
• Catan: Settlers of Catan Board Game
• Crate Creatures
• Crayola Scribble Scrubble Color & Wash Collectible Toy Pets
• Cool Maker KumiKreator Friendship Bracelet Maker
• Don’t Step In It!
• Feisty Pets Dolly Llama
• Fisher Price Think & Learn Rocktopus
• Fortnite Monopoly
• Funko Pop Fortnite
• Funko Pop Aquaman
• FurReal Munchin Rex
• FurReal Ricky
• Hairdorables Collectible Surprise Dolls
• Hatchimals – CollEGGtibles
• Hatchimals HatchiBabies
• Hot Wheels Track Builder Rocket Launch Challenge Playset
• KidKraft Storybook Mansion
• L.O.L. Biggie Pet Figure
• L.O.L. Surprise House with 85+ Surprises
• L.O.L. Surprise! Bigger Surprise
• LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Great Hall
• LEGO Mindstorm
• Lil’ Gleemerz
• Magic: The Gathering – Game Night Trading Set
• Marvel’s Spider-Man Collector’s Edition [PlayStation 4]
• My Little Pony Ultimate Equestria Collection
• NERF Rival Prometheus MXVIII-20K Blaster
• Party PopTeenies
• Paw Patrol Fire Truck
• Pie Face Cannon Game
• Pocket Bike 40cc 4-Stroke Engine
• Polly Pocket Compacts
• Poopsie Surprise Unicorn Magic Slime
• Razor E175 Motorized 24V Kids Scooter
• Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Action Hero
• Soggy Doggy
• Sony PlayStation Classic Mini
• Transformers Energon Igniters Nitro Series Bumblebee
• What’s In Ned’s Head Game
• Wonder Workshop Dash Robot
• WowWee Fingerlings Hugs Bella
• WowWee Fingerlings Untamed Raptors
• WowWee What’s that Smell?
With a selection that only eBay’s marketplace can deliver, shoppers can find in-demand holiday toys and gifts at eBay.com/toytopia all season long.
Top Eight Toys
1. Surprise Matters: Tiny collectible toys that surprise will be giant hits this season. From L.O.L. Biggie Pet Figures, to L.O.L. Surprise! Bigger Surprise, to the ultimate wish list item, L.O.L. Surprise House with 85+ Surprises, excitement around L.O.L. Surprise! dolls are on the rise. In fact, more than 148K L.O.L. Surprise! toys were sold on eBay in the past six months. And Hatchimals are currently one of the top-15 most popular toys in sales, with Hatchimals CollEGGtibles leading in popularity and this year’s latest innovation, HatchiBabies already buzzing.
Don’t forget to watch out for standout newcomers this year. Between personality-packed Feisty Pets, loveable Lil’ Gleemerz, Scruff-a-Luvs and Party Popteenies (little dolls inside of confetti poppers), these tiny toys will result in huge smiles on kids’ faces.
2. Furry Friends: Everyone wants to nurture a new pet or collect a whole litter. eBay’s favorites include Crate Creatures, FurReal Ricky, WowWee Fingerlings Hugs Bella, Pomsies, WowWee Fingerlings Untamed Raptors, and Crayola Scribble Scrubbies Color & Wash Collectible Toy Pets.
3. Disgustingly Awesome: Pimples, poops, farts and slime – this year’s toys get silly, gross and sometimes smelly – literally. New games and toys like Don’t Step In It! and WowWee’s What’s that Smell? will keep everyone laughing throughout the holiday season. Slime and squishy sequins are also topping lists – new toys like the Poopsie Surprise Unicorn that magically oozes slime or fun sequin color reveals with Shimmeez are hot wish list items.
4. Comeback Kids: Remember Polly Pocket, My Little Pony and Nerf Guns? This year nostalgic toys are coming back for a new generation of kids to enjoy with their parents. First launched in the 1980’s, both Polly Pocket and My Little Pony got a reboot this year as seen in the Polly Pocket 2018 Compacts and the My Little Pony Ultimate Equestria Collection. Additionally, Nerf upped its ante with the Nerf Prometheus Blaster, featuring increased precision and firepower, while LEGO contains to top kids’ wish lists with LEGO Mindstorm proving to be a holiday favorite for the season.
5. Tech It Out: Toys keep getting smarter and more high-tech. Gifts predicted to shake things up include the Air Hog Supernova flying orb, FurReal Munchin Rex and Baby Alive Super Snacks Snackin’ dolls. Additionally, the PlayStation Mini, set for release in early December, is already topping predictions for best-selling items this holiday season.
6. Action Packed: Beloved book, comic, movie characters and superheroes take toy form in one of the season’s top trends, as seen in Marvel’s Spider-Man Collector’s Edition PlayStation 4. Following the release earlier this fall, Marvel’s Spider-Man video game and limited-edition PS4 Pro bundle generated an 89% increase in PS4 sales. For those that prefer magic over Marvel, 20 years after the legendary children’s book American debut, Harry Potter still tops wish lists. The LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Great Hall is already one of the most popular items for the season. Other top gift picks this year include everything from Transformers Energon Igniters Nitro Series Bumblebee to pocket-sized Aquaman and Fortnite Funko Pops.
7. Never Board: Fornite Monopoly gives a modern twist to an iconic classic, and new games like Pie Face Cannon Game and Soggy Doggy top this year’s wish lists. Rounding out the games for group play? Gift Magic: The Gathering – Game Night Trading Set and Catan: Settlers of Catan Board Game.
8. Unplugged Fun: Toys that encourage imagination, creativity or to simply to get outdoors round out the list of trends. Get creative juices flowing with gifts like the KidKraft Storybook Mansion, the Cool Maker KumiKreator Friendship Bracelet Maker, the Wonder Workshop Dash Robot or the Fisher Price Think & Learn Rocktopus. These toys will keep kids engaged and using their brains – even during the holiday break. Get kids moving and grooving in style with bikes, scooters and cars. eBay’s top picks include the Razor E175 Motorized 24V Kids Scooter, the Pocket Bike 40cc 4-Stroke Engine and the Black 6V Bentley Kids Ride-On Car.
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- Expectant Moms Track Your Baby’s Heart Rate and Kick Count at Home - January 9, 2019
- Obsessive Compulsive Symptoms in Youth May Be Warning Sign of Depression or Suicide - January 5, 2019
- The Seamstress and the Prince – Children’s Book Review - January 4, 2019