Toys for Mars and Gifts for Venus- Venus Relationship Advice for Couples
Toys for Mars and Gifts for Venus
By Melodie Tucker
All year long, common misunderstanding between men and women is assuming that what we need and want is what our partners need and want as well. Our natural impulse is to give what we’d like to receive. This is never more apparent than during holiday shopping sprees.
Men and women have different wishes for presents, too, so keep this in mind when shopping for family, friends, and co-workers, but especially for your partner. Here are some ideas aimed at pleasing your “One and Only”.Martians study objects and things and are interested in gadgets. He wants Kewl!, noisy, novelty, distraction.
He wants to push buttons, twist wires, hammer, build, create, and play. In other words, he wants toys and more toys. Then he wants to drag them all away to the Cave for a while. If you’re lucky, he’ll be back by New Year’s Eve!
- Digital Video Recorder or Tivo-This is truly the best invention since sliced bread. He can hold the remote, skim right over the commercials and watch those instant replays over and over and over again.
- Home Theatre Surround Sound System-Boom, boom boom, boom, boom.
- Camcorder-Some models are so compact now that they will fit in the palm of his hand
- Liquor-Patron Tequila or Grey Goose Vodka
- Pool Table or Cue Stick or both.
- Power Tools or anything else from the Big Box Hardware Store.
- Giant Road Atlas-better yet a GPS! He’ll never have to even consider asking for directions ever again.
- Bike–Mountain or motorcycle
Venusians are more relationship oriented. She loves to feel special and she swoons at romantic gestures. She also expects you to know what she wants-and certainly doesn’t want to provide you with her wish list. Haven’t you been listening and keeping notes all year long like she has? If you still need help after this, check with her best friend. She’ll know.
- Book of Poetry -Any will do, but if you know her favorite, well nevermind.
- Romantic Movies-The ‘Red Shoe Diaries’ series perhaps?
- Silk Sheets and Scented Candles and Slinky Lingerie
- Tickets to a Broadway show-At a local theatre would be fine.
- Yoga or Tai Chi Classes-She’ll want to tone up after the holiday food binges
- Day at the Spa for hair, nails, waxing, massage-Spring for her best friend, too. You owe her.
- Liqueur-B&B, Bailey’s or Kahlua-the set with the designer glasses.
- Cozy Super-Soft Lap Throw-for when you’re in the Cave playing with your toys.
- Roomba Robo-Vac-Or best yet maid service!
- Cruise in the Tropics-Nothing says “I Love You” quite like a vacation just for two.
Good things also come in small packages, so why not focus a little extra attention on stocking stuffers this year instead of the same old toothbrushes, razors and socks?Martians would enjoy…
- iPod-For music, pix and videos (of YOU, of course!)
- Pro Football/Baseball/Basketball/Hockey Tickets
- High power LED flashlight-Keychain versions are especially handy
- Swiss Army Knife-With all the attachments
Venusians would cherish…
- iPhone-For music, pix and videos and talking to (and about) you
- Chocolate Hazelnut Hot Cocoa Mix-Or chocolate anything
- Victoria’s Secret Body Lotions-Any (or all) scents.
- Jewelry-any type, any shape, any size
No matter if you buy one present or twenty this year, you can still show how much you care by choosing carefully based on Martian and Venusian characteristics and needs. Happy Holidays!
Melodie Tucker is a Mars Venus Success Coach and Seminar Leader, trained by Dr. John Gray, author of the world famous "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" series.She has helped men and women all over the world create great relationships that last.
Latest posts by Melodie Tucker (see all)
- Scoring Points in the Game of Love - September 4, 2017
- Divorcing The Kids - August 23, 2017
- CPR To the Rescue: Part of the Men Moving On — After Divorce Series - August 23, 2017