Christmas Tree Countdown to Christmas with Poem
Christmas Tree Countdown with Poem – Fun Christmas Craft – Free and Printable
When the last loop has been removed, it is CHRISTMAS DAY!
You will need:
Construction paper: red, green, yellow or gold
Tape or stapler to fasten loops.
- 1. Print pattern sheet.
- Trim each pattern piece, leaving the light green triangle containing poem intact on larger triangle.
- Trace bow onto red paper, star onto yellow or gold paper, and lastly trace the triangle unit onto green paper.(outer triangle with inner triangle)
- Cut out bow, star and tree triangle.
- Now you will cut away the larger triangle from the pattern sheet and discard, leaving the greenish portion containing the poem triangle.
- Glue green poem triangle onto your larger green construction paper triangle to form a tree.
- Next, glue star and bow onto this.
- Cut 13 1″thick x 6″ long strips of green paper and 12 1″ thick x 6″ long strips of red paper. You will have a total of 25 loops.
- Starting with a green strip, create a loop and staple to the bottom of tree behind bow.
- Begin making chain of loops alternating between red and green construction paper.
Each day, starting with December 1, have your child remove one loop from bottom of chain. When the last loop has been removed, it is CHRISTMAS DAY!